We're looking for a weekly or monthly sex columnist to write for Freedom Requires Wings. It's important to talk about sex and safe sex in the QUILTBAG community because schools around the world cover nothing but heterosexual sex-education. They don't educate teenagers about same-sex relationships or asexuality and this is important for teenagers who are growing and exploring more.
We could start out on a monthly basis and eventually start asking readers to submit their questions about love and sex. If we then receive enough material to move you to weekly postings, you'll need to be able to adapt to post more frequently.
Here are our terms and
- You have to have good grammar and spelling. This is vital. Even things like a lowercase i can drive some people around the bend!
- You have to be able to make yourself clearly understood.
- You must be non-judgmental and you need to be accepting of the fact that teenagers have sex. You also need to believe in contraception and know about STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases).
- It's imperative that you have a broad knowledge of sexual and romantic orientations (from gay to demisexual-lithromantic) and that you understand them.
- You'll need to be open to the possibility of posting once a week, on a day of your choice.
There's nothing to stop you from working steadily on your article
through the week and posting it when it's due. It's easy enough to stick to a once-a-week schedule. You can of course, write more often than once a week, there's nothing stopping you, just let us know later on.
- Your posts have to come to approximately 1,000 - 2,500 words each. For an idea of length, see posts on the blog.
- If you're thinking of leaving the blog 2 months down the line, don't bother applying. We're looking for people who are interested in keeping this up and who want to be part of a team, writing about QUILTBAG sexual education issues and answering readers questions about love and sex. You need to have the motivation to produce at least one post a week if we require it later on.
Click here to go to the application page
Like our Facebook page to get our latest posts added straight to your news feed